Caution !!
Spread Firefox Affiliate Button
Upgrade Your Firefox To Speed Up Your Browsing :-)

Friday, November 21, 2008

Cheese Omelet-The Real Way

Putting several ingredients together with a few eggs in a pan is quite easy. That is the usual way everyone makes an omelet. I do that myself, but I also like to prepare omelets in the oven for special brunches, breakfasts or anytime. I make them a lot during the holiday season. Topped with a home made cheese sauce and served with ham, bacon or breakfast sausage they are delicious. All that is needed is a few eggs, a little water and a bit of salt.

To make my special omelet I first separate 4-eggs. I use my electric mixer to beat the yolks until they are SUPER stiff and the color of lemons. Set aside. I rinse the beater and beat the egg whites until they turn frothy. Then I add 1/4-cup of water and 1/4-teaspoon of salt and beat the dickens out of them until they are stiff but not dry. Then I use a rubber spatula to fold the egg yolks into the egg whites.

I then melt 1-tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. When the skillet gets hot I pour the egg mixture into it. Spread the mixture evenly with the spatula, leaving it higher at the sides of the skillet. Turn the heat down and cook slowly for about 7-minutes. Put the omelet into a 325-degree oven for 10-minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean

I make the cheese sauce while the omelet is in the oven. Just melt 2-cups shredded American cheese and 1/2-cup of milk in the top of a double boiler. A microwave could be used for the sauce as well. When the omelet is done loosen the sides of it with a spatula. Make a shallow off-center cut across the omelet. Slip metal spatula under the larger half and tilt the pan. Fold larger half of omelet over smaller half. Hold the pan so the bottom edge touches the serving dish and tip the omelet onto it.

The omelet will be a light golden brown color on the outside and tender and fluffy inside. Spoon the cheese sauce over it and serve. Do not cut the omelet but rather tear it with a fork. YUMMY!


By Bonita Anderson

Check Out the Related Article : Types Of Cheese For Pizza

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Related Links

Search Box





Do You Have Website and Want to Link Exchange With Me ??

Click Here to Know How you can Link Exchange with Me